JUST BEFORE YOU ASK FOR SALARY INCREASELicia Media
Many employees complain that their salaries are grossly inadequate given the present economic situation. While some grumble some are contemplating on threatening to resign so they can negotiate for a raise.
Truth is, no one is going to give you a raise out of the goodness of employers heart, you have to justify your being given a raise.
To help you, here are some reasons you should have at your disposal when asking for a raise.
- Salary information showing that your competitors are paying more for your position
- Facts and figures showing how your contributions have directly helped your organisation
- Evidence of commendation from your superiors, co workers and clients.
- List of major accomplishments over a year.
Even when you are armed with all these, you have to be sure that
- The timing is right
- Your company is not struggling to stay in business
- What you are asking for is considerate
- Your presentation is appropriate
- Most importantly your Boss is in a good mood.